Friday 11 May 2007

Busy, Busy - but not much to show for it yet!

Crikey, I've had a busy few days. Creatively, I've been doing something a bit different. I love alcohol inks but had only used them on cards until I read an article in Vamp Stamp News (a brilliant publication) and now I'm colouring everything I can find. As a diversion from dominoes, I've been playing with ceramic tiles and I love the results:







Getting back to my dominoes, I've been thinking of what else I can do with them. I'd like to try my hand at keyrings, so need to be able to make some holes in them! Hence, I've been doing some research into lightweight drills! Doesn't every girl need one? And I've finally, after grilling the guy in the shop, placed my order. I didn't think I could get so excited about a DIY tool! Watch this space for the results.



The rest of my time has been taken up with the Etsy UK Team. They are a very chatty lot and it's a full-time job keeping up with the goings on. They are a terrific source of help and support and I doubt I'd be having anything like as much fun with my Etsy venture had I not met them. As a result, I've been taking photos left right and centre to try to improve the appearance of my dominoes on Etsy. Talking of which, I need to get back to the cropping!



Fingers crossed my drill will arrive tomorrow.


5 comments:

Bex said...

Those ceramic tiles are amazing Domino!

Kezzaroo said...

fingers crossed for your drill, i to was admiring your blue ceramic tiles the other day i love the patternation on them gorgeous! :D

Domino said...

Thanks guys, alcohol inks really are the best!! As soon as I've got somewhere to live I will be filling it with coasters!! I've already filled my M&D's place!

Deborah Champion said...

alcohol inks make me ill.... they give me weird neurological symptoms..I have a migraine every time I use staz on!! denied!!!

Domino said...

Ha Ha, that might explain a lot!! I love the smell of StaZon!