Friday 15 June 2007

UK Etsy Secret Swap has arrived

The wait is over and I'm chuffed to bits to have received my UK Etsy Secret Swap from honeybeedz, here's a photo of my haul:


She makes some amazing jewellery using Celtic Knots and I'm a very happy bunny to be the proud owner of these. Thank you Honey. I sent my swap to Arty Allsorts and you can see a picture of it on her blog.

Creatively, I've been a bit distracted of late and have been concentrating on more edible exploits. The warm weather has made my thoughts turn to salad and to that end I've been growing some lettuce. It's grown very quickly!

You can't beat fresh salad leaves and with this sort you just pick the outside leaves and let the rest grow. I wish I could grow a lot more of my own vegetables but this will have to wait until I have a garden of my own. It alway tastes better straight from the ground.
I am lucky to have several elder trees in my parents garden and rather than wait for the berries, I thought I'd try my hand at Elderflower Cordial. Of course I am completely biased but the first batch has knocked my socks off. It tastes fantastic. I've always liked the shop bought stuff but this is so much nicer. As I write this, the second batch is already on the go (along with some Elderflower Champagne). The beauty of it, is that it lasts indefinitely but somehow I don't think I'll be able to keep it that long. Try adding it to sparkling wine, it's a real summer drink.


Sometime ago, I was waiting on tenterhooks for my Dremel drill to arrive. Well, I finally tracked one down and I've been like a kid in a sweet shop ever since. If you look in my shop you'll see some of the results. I haven't tackled anything too complicated yet but have been pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to use.



It all looks a bit 'serious' to be used on a small domino!!

I am sorry that I haven't written for a while and I've just made a mid-year resolution to be more active, so watch this space.




No comments: