Wednesday 20 June 2007

Being Kept Away From More Crafting By A Surprise Win!

I live very close to Eastbourne which is currently hosting the pre-Wimbledon grass court Ladies Tennis tournament. I've never been, but each year I mean to go. So when our local BBC TV News programme had a competition to win a couple of tickets, how could I resist?

And to my great surprise, I won!!! So I dragged a couple of neighbours (actually, they nearly bit my hand off) and off we went. Unfortunately the top 4 seeds, including Justine Henin and Amelie Mauresmo, had byes and weren't playing but we did see two British girls fighting for a place in the next round. Elena Baltacha and Anna Keothavong put on a great show and it went right to a tie-break in the third set.

In the end Baltacha was the victor but it was close all the way and very exciting to watch.

Along with the tickets, my prize also included a hamper. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it certainly wasn't what I got! Below is the lavish spread:


There was smoked salmon and goats cheese and caramalised onion tart for starters, tarragon chicken, potato bean and olive salad along with a green leaf salad for main and strawberries and cream for pud. Wow, we felt very indulgent. And there was even more. Just in case we were getting peckish later on, a strawberry tea was thrown in to quell any hunger pains!!


It was actually hard work fitting in all the food around watching as much tennis as possible.

I can recommend the Eastbourne tournament to anyone who likes tennis. It's so much smaller than Wimbledon that it has a very friendly, personal feel. I had such a good time that I'm thinking of returning on Thursday!

All this excitement has kept me away from my beloved dominoes. I had hoped to get some really good photos today of my latest dom. This time I've been playing with metal leaf and I love the results. Well, I did take a lot of photos but in a moment of madness, I clicked the wrong button and have managed to delete them all! Guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow. And I have a custom project to work on so I must put aside some time to come up with ideas for that. I promise my next entry will be back to things artistic.

No comments: