Sunday 6 January 2008

New Year, New Resolve!

Crumbs, I can't believe I haven't written since September. In my defence my world has been very chaotic. This blog is primarily about my crafting ventures but as there has been very little of that happening just lately, I thought it might be an idea to explain why.

Way back in October I moved house. Not a unique experience but fairly traumatic for me!! Mainly because I moved back into a house I hadn't lived in for 5 years and unpacked all my worldly goods which had also been hidden for the same length of time. This is when I remembered that I have a LOT of STUFF and a fairly small house!! And now I have also added all the gubbins that I have collected for my crafting pursuits. It was a bit like an early Christmas, re-discovering many things which had long been forgotten but finding somewhere to put them was not easy. Indeed, I'm still trying to sort things out 3 months later. As a result, I haven't had a free worktop/table. So that is my excuse. I would show you a picture but seriously, I don't need to publish such a mess!


But I can show you a garden visitor I had just before Christmas:

This little hedgehog is pictured being weighed. They need to be about 500g-600g to be able to survive hibernation and should not be seen running around the garden in daylight unless they are VERY hungry. Well this little chap is only a baby and weighed 250g, far too small. After a few phone calls there was a dash to the nearest rescue centre where he will stay until spring. If I hadn't caught him he would not have survived.

So now Christmas is over and we are into a New Year so I have resolved to pay a lot more attention to my crafting activities and I will hopefully have some exciting things to show you. I am also doing a short silversmithing course and would love to be able to incorporate precious metals into my designs but I think I may need a longer course first!

So I'd better go and get creating, speak to you again soon.


2 comments:

ally said...

I hope the house sorting is going ok. I too have a small flat and too much stuff to fit into it. I never want to throw things out because I always think of crafty uses for them. What a cute little hedgehog. I'm so glad you managed to rescue him. x

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.