Sunday 5 August 2007

Front Page Excitement!

I knew I shouldn't have promised to write more often, kiss of death or what? So what haveI been up to? Well sadly not a lot creatively. I have had to put my domino world on hold for a bit as I've persued other avenues in the 'real' world. Unfortunately it has only been a brief return to the 9 to 5 but hopefully this is the start of a bright future in IT!



But just a couple of days ago, I had the surprise of my life, I logged onto Etsy and there I was on the FRONT PAGE!! And here's the proof (middle of the top row). Thank you
tinctory for including me in such a lovely list. I shared the front page with two other UK sellers, Bombus, who makes some fab decoupaged furniture and DancingGirlArt, who is a very talented artist. I am honoured to share a page with them and the other sellers in the list.


Blimey, being on the Front page certainly increases views. My Compass domino went from around 150 to over 700 - wow.
And just when I thought it couldn't get better, last night I was on the front page again!! This time the list creator was
DancingGirlArt:

This appearance didn't yield quite so many views but that might be because I wasn't there for very long as the little keyring sold!! Along with a similar blue one. Looks like I need to get making some more!

It has been lovely and sunny in Sussex, so my creations have slowed down somewhat, which is a shame as I've got loads of new ideas. I'm planning a bright new range using some fab material I got from fellow UK Etsy seller lisaghove. I hope to have some photos soon. In the meantime, following much interest, I have listed some of the gold plated cube beads I use on my dominoes. These are by far the best ones that I've tried and are very hard to get hold of. Sadly I won't be able to get hold of any of the silver plated ones until September as the Italian manufacturer is currently enjoying a summer break.

I love the European trend for shop keepers to go away during the heat of the summer! And the French tradition of shutting shop for 2-3 hours over lunch!

Well enough for now, I'm making no commitment about when I'll post again - I would hate to break even more promises!

1 comment:

Arty Allsorts said...

well done on your front pages :)

You've been tagged :D